Polk County Child Support

Polk County Child Support Agency
1005 West Main Street, Suite 100
Balsam Lake, WI  54810
Phone:  715-485-9297 Fax: 715-485-9261

OFFICE HOURS:  Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Malia Malone- Child Support Director

Departmental Mission:
The Polk County Child Support Agency is committed to providing services to children in receiving financial assistance from both parents through establishment and enforcement of child support orders, and the establishment of paternity.

Departmental Function:
The Child Support Agency administers the State of Wisconsin’s Child support program for Polk County consistent with those federal mandates found in the Title IV-D of the Social Security Act and state mandates found in Wisconsin Statute Sections 49.22 and 59.53(5) and (6).  The Agency is responsible for:

  • Establishment of paternity, collection of birthing costs and genetic tests;
  • Establishment, enforcement and collection of court orders for the payment of child support and health insurance;
  • Establishment and enforcement of interstate child support and paternity cases;
  • Locating absent parents; and
  • Enforcement and collection of foster care/substitute care orders.

The Agency provides such services to those parents and legal custodians of children who apply for and receive public assistance benefits from the State of Wisconsin and other states.  The Agency also provides such services to those parents and legal custodians who apply for child support services yet receive no public assistance benefits.  Some examples of collection and enforcement activities include processing of income withholding notices, intercepting income tax refunds and unemployment benefits, seizing accounts, garnishing per capita payments, and prosecuting court cases to impose contempt and jail sentences.


The Wisconsin Support Collections Trust Fund (WI SCTF) offers two payment methods:  Direct Deposit, or, Child Support Visa Debit (check) Card. If you do not use direct deposit, you will get a debit card.

Which option is best for you?

Please CLICK HERE to view the differences between Direct Deposit and the Debit Card.

For a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the Debit Card, please CLICK HERE.

If you have questions or issues pertaining to your Debit Card, please contact the card issuer by calling the phone number located on the back of the Debit Card.


For more information on how the Polk County Child Support Agency can help establish paternity, obtain Child Support Court Orders and enforce Child Support Court Orders, please write or call our office at the address and phone number above.

In order to handle your case personally and efficiently, please schedule an appointment to see your specialist.


If you have questions about about the Wisconsin Child Support Program, please click the link above for the Bureau of Child Support.

An Application for Enforcement Services by the Polk County Child Support Agency can be obtained by clicking HERE.

To find out what's new in the Child Support Program, click the link for What's New.


Individuals who do not currently have a child support order that is enforced by the Child Support Agency may file motions with the Court on their own behalf.  Nowadays, individuals are allowed to file the necessary forms with Court without the need of hiring legal representation.  These actions are called "pro se", or self-representation.

For information on self-representation (pro se), please click HERE.


You can now access your Child Support information online!  The Wisconsin Support Collections Trust Fund (WI SCTF) now provides information on payments made, payments received and current balances.  To access this information online, please click the "Payments & Balances" link above.  You can also obtain a Direct Deposit form to print off and mail in.

The Child Support Online Services (CSOS) is updated every night. With this online system, you can review and print your payment history, update your address & phone number, and print payment coupons. Please click HERE to access CSOS.

Payment information is also available by calling the WI SCTF at 800-991-5530

Please make payments payable to:                                       
WI SCTF                                                                                                                              
Box 74200
Milwaukee, WI  53274-0200

All payments must include the PIN for the person ordered to pay the support.

General Child Support questions can be answered at the Bureau of Child Support's website.  The link above will provide information to parents about the Child Support Program, Child Support Roles & Responsibilities, Child Support Liens, Setting The Amount of Court-Ordered Child Support Payments, as well as much more useful information pertaining to Child Support.

Employers can also find information at the Bureau of Child Support on Making Payments, Centralized Receipt and Disbursement for Employers and an Employer's Guide to Child Support.


If you are self-employed and ordered to pay child support or spousal support, you have the option available to electronically submit your payments on a recurring basis. For more information on this service, please check out the ExpertPay website, or call 800-403-0879. You will need your PIN and case information to set this option up.



You may now pay Child Support by use of credit cards.  Cards accepted are Discover, Novus, Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Diners Club.  Additional fees may be applied.  Please call:  1-888-604-7888 for more information.



For assistance in locating a lawyer, please call:
Lawyer Referral and Information Service
7:00 am - 6:00 pm  Monday - Friday
Sponsored by the State Bar of Wisconsin

Also Available:

State Public Defender's Office
2100 O'Neil Road - Suite 400
Hudson, WI  54016-1542




only search Polk County Government Site
Copyright © 2010 Polk County Government, All Rights Reserved
County Seat - Balsam Lake WI 54810

Disclaimer ~ Equal Opportunity Policy