The mission of the Polk County I.T. Department is to provide the highest quality technology-based services, in the most cost-effective manner, to facilitate the county's mission as it applies to the management of, and the service to, citizens' well-being.
1. Provide effective technology support for computer, multimedia, voice, video, global software and web based applications and services to all areas of the county campuses.
2. Develop, enhance, and manage the County's enterprise networks to provide high speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity among all information resources.
3. Facilitate the collection, storage, security and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
4. Provide leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of technology
5. To provide quality service and information to other departments by employing a knowledgeable and dedicated staff.
6. Provide fast & reliable access to all information systems.
7. Manage technology equipment from acquisition through disposal for all departments.
The Polk County I.T. Department is governed through policy, monitored by the Finance Committee.
The I.T. Department meets with the Finance Committee once per month: usually on the fourth (4th) Wednesday of each month.
The topics of discussion at the Finance Committee includes, but not limited to, budget spending report, annual budget reports, requests for additional funding when necessary, project reports, and inter-departmental consulting and support issues.